In this article we will give you the best hair clippers guides. You will know all the types, advantages, benefits, and most of all, the buying guide to help you chose the best!
Hair clippers are a useful accessory that is used for professional grooming. However, it can also be of most use at home. If you think of all the maintenance you can do with a hair clipper, you will understand how much you need it. You will be surprised on much time you can save with a hair clipper.
Table of Contents
- Best Hair Clippers 2023
- 1. Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper – Complete Cordless Haircut Kit
- 2. Andis Professional T-Outliner – Perfect for All-around Outlining and Fading
- Pro & Cons of Andis Professional T-Outliner Hair Clipper
- 3. Wahl Elite Pro – Best Warranty, Corded Motor, Blades & Guide Combs!
- 4. Conair Lithium Ion – 20 Piece Professional Home Haircutting Kit
- 5. Andis Master – Lightweight & Indestructible Clipper for Every Day Wear and Tear
- 6. Oster Fast Feed Adjustable Pivot Motor – Powerful & Whisper Quiet Cut
- How to Choose Hair Clippers?
- Hair Clipper Guides
- Hair Clipper Advantages
- Hair clippers Benefits when you go Pro
Best Hair Clippers 2023
|Hair Clippers Model||Price||Running Time||Corded / Cordless||Warranty|
|Check Price||Up to 2 Hours||Corded and Cordless||5 Years|
|75 Minutes||Corded and Cordless||3 Years|
1. Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper – Complete Cordless Haircut Kit
The premium Wahl 79600-2101 is an advanced technology lithium ion clipper. The product contains all the procedure of coloring in steps. It is suitable for using on daily basis and provides the same finishing and touch- up every time. The clipper provides contoured shapes and sharp finish.
The blade is very durable and works for a longer period of time. It can work for up to 12 minutes just by charging for 15 minutes. The information of how to use every product in the kit is described in outlets. Each product has its own outlet so that the user doesn’t have to be confused.
- It can run for up to two long hours and the minimum charging time is 10 minutes. The charge can be held for a whole year.
- The clipper can give a very long-lasting performance with perfect finishing. It consists of the heavy- duty motor which exceeds the power by 50 percent and the standard Wahl motors avoids any snag cutting.
- It gives a very proper sharpen finishing for all types of hairs. Even the blade stays sharp for a long period and need not be change frequently.
- The clipper kit has all the important things like haircut booklets, accessories, coloring tips, various sizes of combs with instructions that make it a complete package.
- Trimming is perfect on necklines and sideburns with this product.
The product contains the entire beneficial item like various combs, oil, and coloring procedures. The motor works so perfectly in trimming the hair, mustaches or beards. The short charging period makes it more beneficial as it can be used in a hurry.
As it is mentioned it is a self-clipper which can be used daily and it fulfill these expectations well. The product is very durable and lasts for a longer period. The blades are also up to the expectation. So it can be stated that overall the product is good and beneficial.
Pro & Cons of Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper
- It gives a very perfect and sharp finishing while cutting.
- The kit contains all the required accessories or even more than expected.
- It provides fast trimming and can be used conveniently even if you are in a hurry.
- The battery is not up to the expectation and often stops working.
- It does not give better finish while cutting hairs of head and more suitable for trimming.
- The motor is a bit loud which causes irritation.
It needs to be used for two or more times to get a perfect cut. Else, the kit contains all the suitable accessories that one can expect. The product also lasts longer and works properly.
2. Andis Professional T-Outliner – Perfect for All-around Outlining and Fading
The Andis T- Outliner Trimmer is a very trusted product with a huge number of customers. It gives a very close shaving but is totally safe and not like the razor. It doesn’t harm the skin. If you have a short hair, then it is the perfect product for you.
It provides a very great finishing on every shave. It doesn’t cause any rashes or harm to the skin in spite of giving a very close shave. It has been designed beautifully and looks perfect in hand. You must look out for this product.
The Andis trimmer is well checked to ensure the best performance. It is a perfect trimmer for dry shaving. It can perfectly edge around ears and necklines and give stylish and faded mustaches and beards look. The product has a contoured housing with a very powerful and high- speed motor which makes it an ideal product.
Andis T-Outliner Hair Clipper Features
- The product has a T-shaped blade which provides a very close- cutting experience. The teeth cut so finely that make it perfect for styling and fades.
- It fits perfectly in the hand and has an eight- foot cord which makes the trimming more convenient.
- It is a very high-speed trimmer with magnetic motors which works well.
- It is a perfect product for outlining and fading all around.
- The motor doesn’t get heated and runs smoothly even after being used for many years.
- It is designed to provide a lifetime run. It is perfect for short hair and trimming around necks, beards, ear, and mustaches.
The product is for self- use and gives a perfect shape to beards and mustaches. It has a long cord which makes it very convenient. It perfectly shaves with close-cutting with perfect edges without harming the skin.
Pro & Cons of Andis Professional T-Outliner Hair Clipper
- The T-Shaped blade gives a very fine trimming and shaving.
- It is perfect for edging around ears and necklines, fading and designing mustaches and beards.
- A very close- cutting shaves without harming the skin.
- The body gets too heated which makes it impossible to hold the trimmer. After getting extra heated, it stops working. Then it needs to be cooled down and again use it for few minutes and then it gets heated again and the cycle goes on.
- The other issue which can be faced is the stopping of the trimmer. It stops working after being used on long hairs and that needs to be special care to be taken.
- It’s kinda fragile and can be broken just by dropping it/
3. Wahl Elite Pro – Best Warranty, Corded Motor, Blades & Guide Combs!
It is one of the best products which are very powerful as well as durable. The product ensures a lifetime performance with the same quality. The motor is of a very superior quality which works whole life with the same efficiency. The blade provides the finest sharpening even after being used for a longer time.
It is suitable for all types of hair and cut with the same efficiency. The clip guide combs made of stainless steel secures fit, smooth and easy haircutting. The product is suitable for everyone. It has every good quality one can look for.
- The kit has 21 pieces of useful material which are beneficial while clipping and other uses.
- It includes premium quality of multi-cut clipper, blade guard for clipper, premium storage case, combs guide which has ½, 1, 1 ½- 3/16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- Large comb for styling, blade oil, brush for cleaning, stainless steel scissors, blade covers for scissors, large barber’s cape of nylon, cord wrap, storage bag for guide comb, instructions guide in full color in English and Spanish.
- It has the finest quality of blade which can cut any type of hair with the same efficiency.
- The SECURE- FIT clip guide combs of stainless steel gives perfect and smooth cutting.
It is a perfect product if you want your hair to be done at home. It has all the needed accessory and you don’t have to look out for them outside. It is better than any other kind of clipper as it cuts very perfectly. The clipper is very useful in cutting own hair with a perfect finish. It doesn’t leave hair strands and cut them properly. It doesn’t take much time in clipping and works so smoothly every time.
But it is very heavy and seems difficult to carry while clipping. The motor is very loud that sounds so irritating. And when you are clipping your hair then there is no option to reduce the loud noise which constantly hits your eardrum.
If you have no issue with these cons, then it is a perfect product in every way.
Pro & Cons of Wahl Elite Pro
- The motor is powerful as well as durable which can last up to life time.
- The attachment has all the important materials required while cutting. It makes it a professional product which can be used at home.
- It gives the same efficiency and finishing every time you use it.
- The clipper is a bit heavy which causes a problem while shaving back side of the head.
- The motor is too loud and makes irritating noise.
- The quality of plastics is not up to the expectation.
4. Conair Lithium Ion – 20 Piece Professional Home Haircutting Kit
Conair lithium ion cord/cordless Professional clipper is one of the best hair clippers available in the market these days. It helps one in getting rid of their excess hair in no time very conveniently, making them look groomed and great.
The device is very convenient and easy to use and can cut all types of hair no matter how coarse it is. The device has a unique battery of lithium ion, which works for a long time and can be easily charged without one facing any issues.
It can work according to your likability and convenience, you can use the product without its cord or with its cord depending on the battery, whether it is charged or not.
- Strong blades made of stainless steel that are hard and have unique angle for a super smooth and sharp cut.
- The device has an amazing battery of lithium ion which is rechargeable
- Option of taper control for custom settings and comes along with a lot of accessories that facilitate haircutting.
- The kit also consists of oil and one cleaning brush along with the rest of the material.
- Comes with a total haircut kit that includes taper control, different combs of all length 10 in number, a barber comb, a styling comb and barber scissors.
- Barber cape, a styling clip, blade guard and a huge storage case are also included in the whole kit.
The product has got a lot of appreciation in the market due to its terrific performance and amazing features. it has an overall consumer rating of 4.1 starts of out 5. It highly liked by the users because of its amazing features and the convenience that it provides.
The feature of deciding whether to keep it with the cord or cordless provides the users a lot of convenience and makes half the work easy for them. The amazing products that come along in the haircut kit help the users a lot in getting a perfect and nice haircut.
Pro & Cons of Conair Lithium Ion Professional Clipper
- Provides a perfect and quick haircut.
- Is able to cut even the hardest of hair.
- The battery of the device can be easily recharged.
- Comes along with a kit that helps the user in getting the haircut of his choice easily.
- Has a feature of removing the cord and using it.
- The product might get hot after a long use.
- Might create a noise while you use it.
This is a must have product if you groom yourself at home and avoid visiting a barber shop to cut on the grooming expenses. So wait no more and go for the product after going through all the details about it.
5. Andis Master – Lightweight & Indestructible Clipper for Every Day Wear and Tear
Andis master adjustable blade hair clipper is one of the best hair clippers in the market considering its performance and features. The product has a very unique design and a great shape that facilitates the functioning of the device and makes it work better. The body of the clipper is made of aluminum and has a very attractive and great look. The material of the product makes it supreme in quality and hard to break.
The make of the clipper is such that it has a great grip, which helps the user in using the product better. The trimmer has a side on-off operation switch which makes it very convenient to control to clipper. The clipper consists of carbon-steel blades that can handle even the hardest of hair very nicely. It facilitates dry cutting without taking much time. The product has dimensions of 2 by 1.8 by 6 inches and weight approximately 1 pound.
Andis master adjustable blade hair clipper has many great features to offer to its users that make it one of the best in the market. Some of these features are listed below:
- The device is perfect for all around outlining and fading.
- The product is lightweight and easy to carry around.
- It is made of aluminum that makes it unbreakable and long lasting.
- Has a 15-watt motor that makes it fast.
- It is one of the best options for dry cutting.
This product is especially convenient because of its speed and convenience. Its grip makes it easier to use it more conveniently and also the speed of the device is impressive. The blades of the product are perfect and are able to cut the hardest of hair on human skin.
The product is perfectly able to handle the hair nicely and the blades of the product never get clogged. The adjustable blade is one of the great benefits the product has to offer as you can adjust it according to need and requirements.
Pro & Cons of Andis Master Professional Clipper
- It is fast and has a motor of 15 watts.
- Long lasting and durable.
- Adjustable blades which make it easier to use.
- Good shape and design, lightweight and easy for carrying purpose.
- The blades of the device need oiling after and before every use.
- The comb, hair guards and shears are included with the product.
6. Oster Fast Feed Adjustable Pivot Motor – Powerful & Whisper Quiet Cut
The Oster’s clipper is a very lightweight product. The motor of the product is twice more powerful from the magnetic one. The blade is made of steel which can be adjusted from 000 to 1. It is the very quiet type of product and doesn’t make loud noise while working. The powerful motor works very effectively and is suitable for all kinds of hair wet or dry.
The Oster Motor Clipper has an amazing feature which lets you the blade size to be adjusted. The adjustable blade feature helps in changing the length of a haircut. You don’t need to buy an extra blade for various sizes of hair. The kit includes a blade guard, ½, ¼, and 3/8. It also includes guide combs for blending, blade oil, and brush for cleaning and instructions guide. The kit has all the important materials which are essential. It is perfect for everyone and every length of hair.
- It has a very powerful and quite motor, which doesn’t make loud noise while using.
- The blade adjustable feature lets the blade to be adjusted from 000 to 1.
- The clipper can easily cut through any length or any type of hair, no matter if it is dry or wet.
- Blade oil, blending combs of various lengths, brush, blade guard, and power cord are included in the kit.
- It can give better finish in trimming hair, beard, mustache, and neckline.
The product is not as lightweight as mentioned and the motor surely makes less noise as compared to others. But the noise is not much low as expected and mentioned in the details.
Pro & Cons of Oster Fast Feed Hair Clippers
- A very powerful motor which is suitable for cutting every kind of hair.
- Doesn’t make a loud noise as compared to other clippers.
- The attachment has all the required material.
- It can cut any length, no matter the hair is wet or dry.
- The product is not hygienic and clean most of the times.
- Sometimes, pull long hair strands.
- The motor gets a bit slower after frequent uses.
- The clipper also gets heated after few uses.
How to Choose Hair Clippers?
Selecting the right hair clipper is about choosing the features you will actually use. It is a combination of the type of hair you have and the style you want to get. Then you have to think of when and where will you use it. That way you will be able to select the best option for your particular needs. Some of the features you will be reading while looking for a hair clipper are:
There are still hair clippers that use a cord to be plugged to power. This type of clipper was the first to be available on the market, and some people still stick to it. However, now most hair clippers have gone cordless. If you are loving the classical cord of hair clippers, give it a shot for cordless. Most hair clippers’ motors are very efficient, making the best use of energy to last longer.
When you go for a cordless clipper, it will always operate with batteries. The best choice is to go for a rechargeable option, since you will not have to spend more money than you have already spent just to buy batteries. It is true that most rechargeable batteries hold less power than some standard lithium options. However, they hold enough power to let you get one trim. When the hair clipper is for personal use, that can be the best approach. Just don’t forget to recharge batteries.
If you are a professional hairstylist looking for a new hair clipper, then again the rechargeable batteries can be a good option. Just consider an extra battery set, so that you can swap batteries easily as you perform your job.
Type of Motor
Practically any type of motor is good. The important thing is how powerful it is. Compare the rated power of the motor from the clippers you are considering. The best motor will be the more powerful. That way you will not suffer, even with the wildest hair!
Type of Blade
For most uses, the standard stainless steel blade would be perfect. The price is right, and it does the job well. However, when you need to use it for extensive hours, like when you have very abundant hair, then it is better to go for something more sophisticated. A ceramic blade will trim perfectly despite the extensive use. Because the ceramic blade is not a metal piece, it will never suffer from heat. The drawback is that the price tag is significantly higher compared to standard blades.
If you are looking for a very strong blade option, then go for the carbon or titanium blades. Their coat makes them more resistant than the average stainless steel blade. If you trim your blades too soon, then consider changing it for this sort of blade, which will endure despite the harsh use you give it.
When you assess the hair clipper, check if there are blade options. The cheapest models have no options but the standard blade.
When it comes to additional accessories, it all depends on what use you want to give to the hair clipper. If you just want it for regular trimming, just check that the comb included is right and strong. Most hair clippers have plastic combs, but some of them are weak and break easily.
Look for a way to store your hair clipper. Prefer a model that comes with some sort of box or bag for convenient storage. Make sure you can fit in there all the accessories you need. If you are a frequent traveler, a portable storage option will be of most use.
The most complete hair trimmers will have a set of guards. These are meant to cut hair at different lengths. They are numbered starting at 0 which would give you a very small cut. There is no standard when it comes to the numbering of guards. Check carefully the hair clipper you want to buy, consulting the guard guide published by the manufacturer. That way you will make sure that your desired length is included. Most times you will not need but one or two guards, unless you are a professional hairstylist. For personal use, look for the fewest guards that are useful to you.
Ease of use
Last, but not least, the ease of use is important. To assess how easy to use is the hair clipper you are considering for buying, look if it has an instruction set. Some models now include videos or access to online information where you can learn tips and tricks to make the best use of your hair clipper.
Another important thing is that the mechanism for changing blades, guards, combs, or any included accessory is safe and easy. Some hair clippers need cumbersome maneuvers just to swap combs. That can be an issue, especially if you are willing to use the hair clipper regularly as a hairstylist.
How long will the battery last after a full charge and how long will it take to charge the battery. Most electric clippers come with lithium battery but with different capacity. Be careful when you are checking it some last for only half an hour while others can go for 2 hours straight.
Noise & Weight
We may not have mentioned in the question list about the noise and weight because it needs special attention. There are clipper models that look sick, and their cutting is incredible too, but they are either too heavy or too noisy. You may think you have strong arms and better tolerance for noise, but when you cut you hair, you will know how difficult it is to hold clipper to a certain position and how too much noise is distracting. Make sure you enquire about the noise and weight before buying the clipper.
Lat but not the least, what is your budget? Shopping on a budget is a good thing, there is no point buying an expensive professional clipper when you are going to use it only once a month? You will be tempted to buy expensive clippers because of their features and sleek design, but stick to your needs and define the budget.
Hair Clipper Guides
Now that you know what are the benefits of hair clippers, let’s get to the most important part of this post. This is our buying guide for hair clippers. Next, you will learn how to select hair clippers through assessing their features.
You should keep in mind that not all features are useful. Some of them may be unnecessary things that will add dollars to the price tag. Trim them away, and get an affordable and useful hair clipper that suits your needs.
Why are Clippers getting popular?
There are plenty of reasons, first is that they are affordable, second is you don’t need to be an expert to operate them, and third is that not everyone can afford to go to the barber every week and even if you can afford do you have the extra time. You will find thousands of DIY videos over internet teaching you how to get a perfect haircut with clippers. All these factors have contributed to the popularity of clippers.
Types of Hair Clippers
Hair clippers can be classified in two main groups, depending on their operation system:
- Manual hair clippers
- Electric hair clippers
The manual hair clippers are an outdated tool because electric clippers have stepped forward strongly. They are still used by few people and some institutions, but they are becoming rare. The drop on prices makes electric hair clippers really affordable and available for anybody. Since they are more efficient, and safer than their manual counterparts, they are the preferred choice.
The electric clippers can be classified further, depending on the type of motor they use. The most common mechanisms are:
- Magnetic hair clippers.
- Rotatory hair clippers.
- Pivot hair clippers
All types of electric clippers have a broad range of options when it comes to blades. Most are manufactured with stainless steel. Some other options include ceramic blades, which are of higher quality than any metallic option. However, they are more expensive and easy to break, which makes them less popular.
Cleaning the Blades
Remove the hair and debris after taking off the cap. Most clippers come with a small brush, just use it to get small hairs out. A lot of people do not pay attention to cleaning; they prefer cleaning before using the clipper.
And this is where you are doing the wrong, if you do not clean the clipper after using it, the accumulated dirt and debris will make motor slow and can cause rusting as dust can hold moisture. So, keep your clippers clean after every use.
Using Clippers Until Battery Runs Out
A lot of us do this; we cling to the battery until it is completely drained. And if you have done this then we are sure you have noticed that as the battery drains the efficiency of the clipper goes down too. Clippers work best when the battery is nearly full. So, try to avoid this situation for better cut and finished look. And if you happy with the unfinished look and you can rock it then no one is stopping you.
Hair Clipper Size Guide
If you interested in buzz cut only then you probably do not need this knowledge, but those who want to try different hair style must know that by adjusting guard you can get the desired look. It is not a steep learning curve.
Typically, most Clippers have range 0 to 10. Zero corresponds to buzzcut, and as the number increases, you will have the longer hair. Take a look at the table
|Clipper Guide Number||Length (Inches)||Length (Millimeter)|
How to Sharpen the Clipper Blade?
There are clippers that come with self-sharpening blades, and in a case, the one you bought does not have self-sharpening blade then here is the guide you should follow. The first thing you need is the sharpening stone; you must not use any ordinary stone or granite, it may cause damage to blade (and one more thing, these stones are expensive too just like blades).
Unscrew the blades and place them in slanting position on the stone and move forward+ gently five to seven time. And one more thing the stone for steel blades and ceramic blades are different.
Why is Clipper Oil Important?
In the above step when you have cleaned and sharpened the blade apply the oil after drying the blades. It helps in preventing the rusting and increases the life of clipper. You may think of it as a chore, it is not, just requiring 10 to 15 seconds and you are done.
There are clippers which need modest maintenance, few are even waterproof and comes with self-sharpening blades. They are a little bit expensive, you can opt for them.
Hair Clipper Advantages
As for the advantages of hair clippers, they are meant to create a unique and even cut, particularly when you are looking for a certain style. The most popular styles that benefit from a hair clipper are the baldies, the shortest styles, and of course the hair scraping style.
If you have a hair clipper at home, it will soon pay off as you will need less visits to your regular barber. If you have an easy style, you can maintain it perfect all the time and done by yourself.
Once you master a hair clipper, you will not want to go back to having somebody else doing your hair.
With the comb accessories and guards that attach to most clippers, you can change and share your hair clipper with your family or roomies.
Hair clippers Benefits when you go Pro
Most low profile hair clippers for home are cheap. If you are going to use them alone, and do not require complex patterns or sophisticated cuts, then it will work as long as it is the right choice for you. However, when you are looking for a machine that lasts long even with extensive use. Or if you need to enhance complex styles and accomplish difficult cuts, then you should go pro.
A professional hair clipper is not as expensive as you may think. It will cost you more upfront, but if you calculate your total cost of ownership, it pays off. Once you know how to use all its potential, you will not need your hairstylist ever again. That will save you not just money, but time waiting for an appointment and going somewhere just to get your hair done.
The functionality that a pro hair clipper can provide you is impressive, and you should seriously be considering an upgrade.
Buying a clipper is not a lengthy process. But buying a good clipper that fits your need needs a little research. We encourage you to ask few questions before buying any clipper, and if you have one already then you must take care of that clipper to ensure it works for a longer time and justifies the price you paid for it.
Using clippers can be fun, and it will save you some money and time and most important of them all, the satisfaction that you messed your hair not anyone else.
Hope the guide above able to help you on your decision to buy hair clippers. Feel free to drop your comments below with you questions / feedback. Happy Shopping! 😀
Leave a Reply