What was your idea about using a toothbrush? What is your preference? Ever wondered if the electric toothbrush is better selection over a manual toothbrush? Ever thought spending some extra money on an electric toothbrush is a waste of money?
Let’s see the facts and discover the truth. Apart from the brushing techniques you use and the regularity, the time duration you take to brush your teeth is essential, according to the oral hygiene experts. These experts further explain how the brush type is direct effects to remove plaque from your teeth.
Table of Contents
Types of toothbrushes available in the market
Here’s an introduction to types of toothbrushes available in the current market.
- Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush: These are known as power toothbrushes as well. Consisting mainly of two parts; brush head and the handle. These brushes are directly plugged into the wall socket to recharge. Once the brush head reaches 03 months of usage, the brush head should be replaced while keeping the handle. These brushes are different than the others because of its cleaning technology called oscillating-rotating or 3D Cleaning Action
- Manual Toothbrush: The most common and necessary type of toothbrush. It doesn’t need electric power to operate. Made with a plastic handle and nylon bristles in various patterns.
- Battery Powered Toothbrush: These toothbrushes are powered by AA batteries. A little is similar to a standard manual toothbrush in appearance. These are also subjected to be called power toothbrushes because they require a power source to operate. They are capable of providing some extra cleaning actions than regular brushes because of the battery-powered vibration.
Feeling the Difference in Plaque Removal
A recent survey shows that “oscillation rotation brushes” have more capability in removing plaque and reducing gingivitis than manual brushes both in the long term and short term. Other power brushes do not have such consistency”.
Electric Toothbrush Technology and Features
Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes: Usually comes with a lot of features. Carries advanced technology. Users can switch between brushing modes to match the need of the user. The gum massage feature is also included in almost every rechargeable electric brush.
- Automatics indicator to alert you when you put too much of pressure
- Time tracker/Timer to track the time duration you brushed
- Brush head replacement indicator
- Oscillating-rotating technology
- Compatible with various brush head designs
Regular Manual Toothbrush: Although ordinary toothbrushes hardly comparable with rechargeable electric brushes, some exciting simple but advantageous features can be found in their designs
- Bristles are arranged in various styles, sometimes textured bristles also can be found
- Special handles ensuring a comfortable grip
- Angled brush heads to reach each and every part of the mouth
- Integrated pads to stimulate gums
Battery Power Toothbrush: Apart from all the cleaning options available with manual toothbrushes, battery-powered toothbrushes add vibration to make sure the process is enhanced.
With rechargeable electric brushes, the rotation type, the time duration, the techniques are measurable. That is because all those features are facilitated by itself, and it works according to the manufactured schedule. If you expect to maintain excellent oral hygiene, you should adhere to those basics. The best way is to use a device with properly scheduled techniques.